Pages

Kitschy vase

There's a thousands of ways to transform a tin can into something fabulous. My kitschy vase is made of tin can which is decorated with beads from broken necklaces and braclests. Instead of beads you can use small buttons, broken shells and small rocks, colored Epsom salt, dried herbs...


Remove paper label from can and wash it thoroughly. Apply a thick coat of craft glue (Mod Podge or PVA glue)  to the surface of can. Sprinkle beads over the wet glue and allow to dry. You can fill smaller gaps and decorate edge of can with glitter glue.

4 comments:

cathy-re said...

Brilliant idea! Can't wait to see more of your
craft witchery :).

Anonymous said...

very cute!

Jamie B said...

I love this seed bead covered tin can! I love working with seed beads... I hope it's okay, I just couldn't help but feature your can on my tin can crafts round-up I just finished. You can see it here:

http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/cute-clever-tin-can-craft-projects

Thank you so much for sharing :)

jackie said...

This is a pretty and unusual use for an old can! Thanks for following my blog.

Post a Comment